Saturday, September 17, 2011

Skink Priest and Contemptor Dreadnought pics

Hi,

Two days ago I've starded painting a Skink Priest, one of many lizardmen miniatures which I've in my collection. Long, long time ago I've painted this little guy:


I've used different tones to give my skinks new look. So far I've painted only one, but within Skink Chief I had an opportunity to try something new. After around two years I've came back to lizardmen. Achieving the same painting scheme was a little challenge for me but more or less I've done it. Below you can view few pics of an early wip Skink Priest. Metal skinks look nice IMHO. I've got few of them. One of my challenges was feather cloak. I wanted to keep the purple tones around it. On Monday I'll put a better pictures so you could see why I mention purples.



Next project will be Slann. So far I haven't done much, I've switch wooden plinth instead of plastic transparent stick added to the box. I've got some sketches with ideas how to change this monument into a lizardmen stylised element.


And finally I'm including my Contemptor Dreadnought pics. If you want to look at details, please check this picture. Contemptor is right now on ebay, so if you're interessted please check this auction.






Gimiak's out. See you next time.

2 comments:

  1. wow really nice :D i love the contrast on the skink and the red on the dreadnought is amazing :D!

    -fuzz

    ReplyDelete