Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Completed Blood Angels army build 1.0

Hi,

I'm back from the Warp to give you some news. From the beginning of the next month I'll be able to spend more time on hobby, especially on painting miniatures. I'm in a process of painting Death Company Dreadnought, so expect some wip pictures.

Painting an army isn't an easy task. You have to have strong will to continue painting the same army for months... My army project (v1.0) took me 20 months and the whole thing has around 2400 points. Of course this isn't over, I'll still work and paint new models for my army to expand it even further. As mention before, next model on the painting plate is Death Company Dreadnought.

If you have any questions and/or comments, feel free to leave them below.

Ps: In a near future I'll write a little bit about Finecast.




















Regards,
Gimiak

4 comments:

  1. Very nice showcase. Looking forward to your opinions on Citadel Finecast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looks very nice. The painted is very clean and correct. I love that. Especially the characters (this old Lemartes is very amazing :D)

    Congratulations for your work

    http://miniaturasaldetalle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! These are some damn impressive shots of your magnificent army. I especially like the Drop Pods with all the battle damage. Did you achieve those effects with the salt technique, a sponge or a brush?

    But I wonder why some of your models are painted in a lighter red than others.

    I'll add your grand blog to my blog list, maybe you want to drop a comment on my blog. :-)

    http://brushandminiaturetorture.blogspot.com/

    Kind regards,
    Stempe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used sponge and masking tape. There is a tutorial in our blog and also on CMON with all the details how to achieve this kind of effect. Some of my models are painted in lighter tone - Assault Squads, Terminators and Stormraven Gunship. While planning my army I've decided that some of the units, which will be quicker driven to fight, will be painted up to Blood Red.

    Right now I'm working on my DC Dreadnought, so expect some pictures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete